3 Simple, Effective Home remedies for Colic or Gastric Pain in Babies especially breast feeding babies.
The following methods give relief to babies immediately and relaxes them off the discomfort. Please follow these methods for babies of three months and above.
- Burn the tip of a ‘sweet flag’ root over a flame for a few minutes till they char.
- Crush the charred part to get a few pinches in powdered form or rub the charred part over a clean stone so that the charred part falls as powder.
- Collect the powdered part and gently rub on the baby’s belly.
Note 1: Sweet Flag (Acorus Calamus) is called “Vasambu’ in Tamil, “Vach” or “Vacha” in Hindi.
Note 2: If the root doesn’t get charred properly, it couldn’t be powdered as well properly.
- Pick a handful of drumstick (Moringa) leaves along with half a teaspoon of crystal (rock salt.
- Crush and squeeze the leaves and salt tight to get a spoon or two of juice.
- Rub the juice on the belly, both the palms and both the soles under the baby’s feet.
- Place a tiny drop of the juice on his tongue.
Note 1: Drumstick is Moringa oleifera.
- Pick a tender leave of guava and a very tender leaf/stem of Adamant Creeper and a jujube leaf.
- Extract juice out of the leaves using a few drops of water.
- Pipette 5-7 drops of the same n administer into the baby’s mouth.
Note: Adamant Creeper is Veldt Grape (Pirandai in Tamil) and Jujube is Ziziphus jujube (Ilantha ilia in Tamil)